White Birch Park Rules
PETS: Each Lot Owner is limited to 2 dogs in the Park. Dogs must be on a leash at all times, and the Lot Owner is responsible for cleaning up their dog's waste. As a courtesy to others, please quiet barking dogs.
FIREWORKS are not allowed anywhere in the park at any time. CAMPFIRES should be kept to a manageable size to avoid flying embers or sparks. Fully extinguish your fire when finished; never leave a campfire unattended.
Fires: No open Fires of any kind shall be permitted on any lot except within the confines of a fireplace or barbecue pit, the construction of which has been approved by the Architectural Committee or in a cooking device, the design of which is acceptable to the Architectural Committee. All such fires shall be attended to at all times and shall be thoroughly extinguished upon completion of use.
QUIET HOURS are from 11:00pm to 8:00am. Please be considerate of your neighbors at all times but especially during quiet hours.
PARK ROADS: SPEED LIMIT is 5 mph. You must have a valid driver’s license to drive any vehicle in the Park including a golf cart. Golf carts are permitted on paved roads only, not on common Park areas. PLEASE inform your guests of these Park rules.
PARKING: No more than two vehicles are allowed per lot at any given time. There is overflow parking on both sides of the park for guests that are visiting.
PEDESTRIANS: Many of our Lot Owners stroll the Park roadways and we have many young children in the park. Please adhere to the 5 mph speed limit and observe the STOP signs.
PRIVATE PROPERTY GUIDELINES: If you are out walking, enjoying our beautiful park, please walk only on the roadways and common areas. Each lot is privately owned. Do not cross lots without permission. Please use designated pathways to reach the pool and bath house.
BOATS may be stored on your lot over the winter months, but must be removed by May 1st. Between April 1st and October 31st, you may store your boat or trailer in the East Boat Parking lot. You MUST have your lot number on the tongue of the trailer. It is your responsibility to mow the grass beneath your boat trailer; keep it no higher than 5 inches or the Park Manager may move your boat for mowing and you will be charged a fee.
PLAYGROUNDS: There are 2 playgrounds in the Park. For safety reasons, children younger than ten must be supervised by an adult
WHITE BIRCH RECYCLES. Please use the specially marked trash cans near the dumpsters. We thank you in advance for making WB green
TRASH/DUMPSTERS are located inside the East Side Park entrance for the exclusive use of White Birch Lot Owners. Household refuse is acceptable, but there are specific exclusions: paint cans, microwaves, TV’s, stoves, refrigerators, mattresses, grills or any large items are not allowed in the dumpsters. It is your responsibility to remove these from the park. Watch the Marketplace email for contractors to remove large items. Also, nothing from your home/trailer is to be placed at the road for removal. There is an area next to the dumpsters for grass clippings and leaves only. Tree limbs are to be put out by the road next to the Eastside Entrance. You must place them at the road no more than 48 hours prior to the scheduled collection date per town rules. Collection dates can be found on the Village of Sodus Point website: https://soduspoint.info/brush-cleanup-schedule/. The Village maintains a brush drop-off site behind the old water plant on Featherly Drive for those residents who cannot adhere to the 48 hour prior to pick-up window for curbside collection.
POOL: We hope your family takes advantage of the pool. Pool passes are required and are available to Lot Owners in good standing. Lifeguards are on-duty while the pool is open. Children under the age of 13 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Pool hours, rules and regulations are posted at the pool. Pool hours are 2pm to 8pm, every day from the last weekend in June to Labor Day. Pool use is restricted to acceptable weather conditions. The lifeguard has the authority to close the pool in unacceptable weather, or for any other health or safety reason.
1. EXERCISE COMMON SENSE AT ALL TIMES WHEN USING THE POOL!
2. A valid Pool Pass is required to enter the Pool Area and must be shown to the Life Guard on duty. The person with the Pool Pass must sign in on the sheet near the Life Guard station.
3. If you or any member of your group has a medical condition, notify the Life Guard when you enter the Pool area.
4. There is NO ENTRY permitted through the back gate. This entry is for Life Guard use ONLY.
5. Children age 12 and under must be accompanied at all times in the Pool area by a parent or relative 18 years of age or older.
6. Guests of Lot Owners/renters must be accompanied by the Lot Owner or renter at all times.
7. Swimsuits are required (no shorts, cut-offs, etc.) No diapered babies in the pool; they must be wearing swim pants.
8. The center Safety Line MUST be attached at both sides of the Pool AT ALL TIMES to separate the shallow end from the deep end of the Pool (It’s the Law!)
9. NO DIVING in the Pool. NO RUNNING in the Pool area.
10. Do not sit on or swim over the Safety line in the center of the Pool.
11. NO GLASS CONTAINERS in the Pool area. Clear plastic water bottles are permitted, containing water only!
12. NO FOOD, NO BEVERAGES (other than water) and NO SMOKING in the Pool area. This includes the “Penalty box” area.
The only play items or toys allowed in the Pool area are swim noodles and life saver rings/water wings, etc. for small children.
Please see your Blue Book for a complete set of rules governing the park.
Revision date: 8/16/2022